Monday, January 24, 2011

stitched up

I know, I'm all about Miu Miu at the moment aren't I? But honestly, would you expect anything different? Check out the stitching on these, and that strap detail that hugs over the platform. Love it. Love it to death.

Hey, guess what I did yesterday? Window shopping and I liked it! I know! It was purely accidental. We needed to buy a new mattress for our gal's bed. We'd bought in haste last time and it was just awful - too hard, too cold, too uncomfortable. To make up for it I'd bought a snuggly wool underlay and nice sheets, but after spending a night in there recently after a game of musical beds, I realised we had to buck up and buy her a new one.

As the sales are on we made Sunday the day and found, to our amazement, a whole new Homemaker's Centre has opened in a nearby suburb. Genius. We bought the mattress {and, um, one for our bed too... hubby's never been keen on ours, and I can't say that I was ever in love with it} and then spent some time in Freedom, Recollections {where I found a vanity that I must have when we renovate our bathroom} and a couple of other stores.

Bliss.

None of the shops were crowded, there was none of that "Mall Weirdness" you find at a shopping centre {you know, people walk too slowly/quickly, stop unexpectedly, and are just weird...}. Oh I liked it A LOT.

4 comments:

  1. Those shoes are perfect.

    I haven't window shopped in, like, about a decade, but I know I would love it too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy has a cold mattress too! How can a mattress be cold? Should I waste the energy on underlays etc or just get a better one? Oh wise one...tell me what to do!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x