Wednesday, January 12, 2011

what's cooking wednesday

We're here again? Already? Okay then, here's the menu for this week...

Tonight: Glazed salmon, wilted spinach and sushi rice. The other night I made caramelised pork and served it on sushi rice {cooked and seasoned as if I were making sushi} as per Nigella's recommendation and it was soooooo good. Try it.
Thursday: Hubby and I are off on a date to have dinner and check out a performer - Adalita from Magic Dirt - oh yeah.
Friday: Garlic prawns, linguine and salad.
Saturday: Steak and roasted vegie salad.
Sunday: Off to the markets to find a suitable roasting meat. Mmmm.
Monday: I'm going to do that caramelised pork again. Let's hope I can remember the ingredients {I made a caramel with palm sugar and hot water, then added garlic, ginger, smoked chilli paste and ketchep manis. Smeared this over a pork fillet, salted it, marinated for 30 mins, then seared the fillet till golden. Then I sliced into thick slices, and added to the marinade to the pan and finished cooking the pork. Served on a bed of sushi rice with wilted chinese broccoli. Good stuff}.
Tuesday: Lamb salad.

Phew. You?

PS: Kitchen from Something's Gotta Give. Love.

2 comments:

  1. I recognised that kitchen straight away. Oh kitchen envy. Let me count thy ways. Oh, can I come to your place for dinner. Sounds all good at your place! I want to ask, do you stick with your list every week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that is your real kitchen, I am moving in with you. NOW.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x