Wednesday, January 19, 2011

what's cooking wednesday

Of COURSE Dita Von Teese has the most deliriously pretty kitchen in the world {as featured in the February issue of InStyle}. I covet it on so many levels...

But, while I don't have this kitchen, I do still have to cook. So here's what we're eating this week:
Tonight: We had some leftover chicken and chorizo risotto so I formed it into balls, coated it in egg and panko breadcrumbs and the gal and I had it with sweet potato chips {mmmmm - hubby out on the town with friends tonight, so just a girly dinner}
Thursday: We've got friends coming tonight - so Nat - don't read this so you get a surprise! I'm making a rather spesh chicken dish and a couple of salads - just food that can be served with champagne...
Friday: I didn't get around to cooking salmon last week, as usual, and am craving the stuff. So it's salmon on the bbq with a lime glaze.
Saturday: BBQ again, but steaks this time. With roasted vegie salad.
Sunday: Markets - so I shall buy me some fat pig {pork belly}. Yes please. With rice and wilted greens I think.
Monday: We're off to my in-laws for dinner. Yay!
Tuesday: I'm at a meeting in Sydney all day so something easy I'd expect - takeaway on the way home perhaps.

And that's it. Now, how to convince my husband to go for a pale pink and clotted cream kitchen...

6 comments:

  1. Love hearing about your menus for the week. Always sound soooo delish! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, yum.

    I didn't have much luck on the pink kitchen front. I managed pale 1950s blue, thought, which was near enough. I still wonder about just painting it one day and seeing if he'd even notice. Hrmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop it - you're making me hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Appliances usually take up the king size portion of your budget when remodeling your kitchen. cookware

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x