Wednesday, January 19, 2011

a right royal viewing experience



Oh bless! That's what I thought walking out of The King's Speech. Such a lovely film, with, as you'd expect, virtuoso performances. Colin Firth was, of course, perfection in the role. He played his part with restraint and delicacy - brilliant. Helena Bonham Carter was, again, as always, a delight. I'd always loved the Queen Mum and Helena's version did the lovely lady justice. Again, so restrained in her performance and yet so powerful. Geoffrey Rush is some kind of genius, one of the few who could have played this role.

If you have the chance, pop along and see it - while you may shed a tear or two along the way, I'm pretty sure you'll walk out wearing a smile.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. Now I reeeeeally want to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately wanting to see this... xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally had a chance to see it this weekend and love, love, loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x