Friday, March 20, 2009

write way

I may only be a few days into my whole menu-planning scenario - but I'm liking it. Earlier this week I devised a week's worth of meals, wrote them in a word document and allocated a day of the week to them depending on degree of difficulty and time requirements {busy days meant an early start with the slow-cooker - or a quick 15 minute kebab and salad dish}.

Under this I wrote out a shopping list for each meal and then went to the supermarket to buy all the essentials that'd keep for a few days {most veg, tins of beans, tomato passata...} and I'm buying any remaining fruit and veg fresh every few days. Well, it's worked, I haven't hit Coles for a few days which means I'm not spending up big. We've had really yummy meals - remind me to post last night's chorizo pasta bake - omg. And I feel organised and in control. The best part is not having to do ask myself that endless "What shall we have for dinner tonight?" question - cos you already know it.

Tonight's dinner's easy - sausage sandwiches at the school's family disco. What a way to start a weekend. Oh, and Saturday, as we're off to our fave nursery to look at plants and a couple of stores to look for a daybed for the pavillion, I'm making chilli con carne in the slow cooker. I haven't had this childhood fave for yonks, so am really looking forward to a steaming dish served with brown rice. Heavenly... Sunday night we've got our nephew coming for dinner. He's a big, body building bloke so he's easy - a big rib eye steak on the bbq with a big salad will serve him well. Oh, and plenty of beer - he's a boy that's not big on sweets.

Oooh, I do love a friday. Off to walk down the road to watch my gal singing in the choir. Cuteness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x