Wednesday, March 04, 2009

lunchbox love

When I went to school I had vegemite sandwiches every single day. Tomorrow my daughter is having chorizo and potato frittata. I must say that I prefer progress...

For these lunchbox delights, I sliced chorizo and cut the chunks in quarters and sauteed them. Then I finely sliced some potatoes, and browned them. Then my gal beat 12 eggs and added a little salt and pepper and we poured them into muffin tins lined with polka-dotted muffin cases. She sprinkled the tops with grated parmesan and we baked them for 15 minutes at around 180 degrees till they were puffed, golden and set.

I reckon they're going to taste a lot better than a vege sarni...

1 comment:

  1. Eva demands pickles and strawberries in her lunch EVERY SINGLE DAY. I send the strangest foods with her, I wonder what her preschool teachers think as they unzip her lunch box and help her get her lunch out.

    Today, she had homemade tomato bisque (I have a TON OF leftovers from this), basil leaves because she loves to eat them, half a cheese sandwich, pickles, strawberries, and Iced Tea. This may sound like a lot, but it's all in these miniscule quantities as she only eats about three bites of anything before moving on to the next item on her plate.

    Tonight, we're having steak sarnies, Jamie Oliver's recipe- I imagine you and yours would LOVE these little guys! I'll post the recipe on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x