Tuesday, March 10, 2009

time quest

Oh, it's a busy time again. You know how just when things calm down a little and you think you've got things under control, something will rear its ugly head... That's my week.

Over the last few days I've finally got back into the regular walking thing, but then last night, just as I was thinking how much I love walking at dusk, enjoying the views of the ocean, two enormous rats scurried across mere centimetres in front of me. I NEARLY STEPPED ON THEM. I kept wanting to do a girly squeal, but nobody was there to hear, so really, what's the point. Instead I settled for a lot of shuddering, and decided to change my route to bypass the festering old surf house, home of a gazillion rats apparently {or just the two...}

Aside from the rat incident I love making sure I get active every day. Reading Chatterbox Sara's blog today reinforced the need for all of us to do something special for ourselves each day, whether that's pampering, exercising, meditating... they all lead to the same place. So even though I have dinner guests arriving at 6pm tonight, I'm going to jump on the exercise bike at 4.30 and pretend I'm in a Spin Class for 20 minutes. That'll do.

1 comment:

  1. Eva is home right now for spring break and I had her do my daily mini-workout with me. it was just about the funniest thing ever- I probably need to have her do this with me everytime, just for the laughs of it. I should get an exercise bike, or elliptical, or something. Crank some Banana Rama while on that bike, girl! I was so tired last night, I didn't do my bath, and my sleep sorely suffered from it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x