Sunday, March 22, 2009

cheezburgers anyone?

I reckon I've had about 20 or so cats in my lifetime, but none have had such a love of lying prone, fluffy tummy exposed, as Mr Mulberry Toulouse. It gets me every time, despite his naughtiness and total disdain for my existence.

See, cats love me. I go for a walk, cats come sprinting into their front garden, knowing I'm a sucker for a good patting session. Every cat I've ever owned has adored me - except this little blue number. Mulberry's a daddy's boy, and if he can't have Matt, he'll take our daughter. Me? I'm just the staff - I feed him, water him and change his kitty litter. Maybe that's it - a disdain for those "downstairs". When we bought him his registered name was Lord Rajah... Typical upper class...

Actually, I think he's warming to me - two years on. He probably realises that as I work from home I'm his best option for daytime affection. The other day he actually plonked himself down next to me and allowed me to scratch his head for around five minutes. Yep, I'm blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Mulberry is fantastic. I posted pics of my kitties awhile back too, I love spending the day with them. They alternate between being totally zonked or absolute frenetic activity. Every night before bed, Althea and Diana come to stare at me until I go start the bedtime process, then they hop onto the bed, into their requisite spots and we gals go to sleep. Diana wakes up with me every morning and gets carried around by me while I make my morning cappuccinos. I love blue kitties!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x