Thursday, March 19, 2009

beady eyed

Rushing to get out the door on the school run, I had to stop to untangle a set of bead that had been entwined through one of the many that hang on my hall stand. "Why do you always have to wear beads?" my daughter asked, and it made me think. I believe that beads are the punctuation point to my outfit. I no longer have my ears pierced, only wear a rose gold wedding band, and bracelets tend to get in the way of typing and other daily activities. But beads can dress up an outfit no end.

I don't have any expensive beads, I think the most pricey were a couple that my mother bought me for my last birthday, and maybe my nanna's old crystal beads. However, in the old cost-per-wear category, some of my beads are now paying me. I'm wearing a long strand today that's varying shades of green 'glass'. Each bead is a different size, and shade, and looped around my neck twice is the ideal option with any oufit. Today I'm wearing a sky blue tank from French Connection {originally, but bought at the Salvos...) and a white skirt with a blue and green floral print - the beads bring it all home.

On the mum's night out last friday I wore a simple black dress, but jazzed it up Chanel-style with a long strand of faux pearls and layers of black beads. Tres magnifique.

I can go out without lippy {but probably not lip balm}, don't fret if I've forgotten my mascara {that's what tinting eyelashes is for!} but if I leave without beads - well, I feel half naked. What's your outfit punctuation point?

1 comment:

  1. I pretty much can't leave the house without mascara and under eye concealor seeing as my eyelashes are white but my under eye circles are black. If I ever do, even strangers will ask if I am sick. I am a statement purse kind of girl, mostly because I do wear a lot of black. Also since my engagement ring is an antique (and HUGE) I find I don't need a lot of other jewelry since it's paired with a diamond band. Small diamonds in the ears, sometimes a necklace or bracelets but rarely both.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x