Thursday, June 30, 2011

we're here

We've touched down in London. It's gorgeous here today - blue skies, flower beds out - including PEONIES in a house just up the road from my family.

I'd really like to become a squillionaire so I could fly first or business class. While our flight was lovely I'm pretty sure I only got about 2 hours of broken sleep. Oh well. We're here, we're unpacked {!} and I've showered and washed my hair - honestly, is there anything better than clean hair? Oh yeah, coffee - thankfully brother-in-law's just bought the world's fanciest espresso machine and hubby's doing his best to master it.

Off to the seaside tomorrow if jetlag allows. I'll be sure to snap some photos and blog a bit. If not, then the seaside will have to wait till the following weekend when we're off to Cornwall for four days - including a planned lunch at Rick Stein's restaurant. I do love lunching with celebrity chefs {even if it's in name only...}

xx

11 comments:

  1. You're really, really there!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh rock on!! I am so excited for you... and the journey begins xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee! Can't wait to live vicariously through you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to England. thank you for bringing sunshine with you. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now the adventures begin (well once the jetlag has gone). Can't wait for updates. Have the best time ever. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squeeeeee!

    PS Word verification: Cardi! How funny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see what happens next. And who needs sleep! Word verification obviously...it says restso!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Following with (green jealous) interest. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eek - you made it! I hope you have the most wonderful time and can't wait to see the photos,
    Mel xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x