Sunday, June 12, 2011

sunday suppers


I tell you what, I am LOVING my Aussie Farmers Direct deliveries. Every Thursday there's a rather fabulous black cardboard box filled with a surprising selection of fruit and veg {and those black boxes are being put to good use as storage - they're fabulous!}. They even made me learn to like green capsicum - true. Slowly simmered with onions and garlic, and diced finely, they're actually rather lovely. Today I had a ham, cheese and tomato sandwich with all my freshly delivered ingredients and it was delish. Simply delish.

It's also making meal planning easier - I know what vegies I have and can go from there. Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday: Pork roast {from Aussie Farmers}, crash hot potatoes {par-boiled baby potatoes, squashed down with a masher, and topped with olive oil, garlic and dried chillies and baked till golden}, parsnip puree and roasted carrots with thyme and garlic.
Monday: Chicken casserole topped with herb dumplings served with pumpkin and spinach.
Tuesday: I need to feed up my gal - she's off for a three day school excursion to canberra tomorrow {eeek!}. I'll make beef bourginon, it's her favourite. Served with mash and green beans.
Wednesday: No gal tonight {sob!} just the two of us. We'll have barramundi {from Aussie farmers} and I'm going to try baking it on a bed of potatoes, lemon, garlic and tomatoes.
Thursday: No gal again, so no ballet. I think hubby and I should head out to dinner don't you?
Friday: Okay, today's the day I'm off to Sydney {not last week}. I'm going to have all the prep done for chicken noodle soup for when my lass gets off the bus late at night.
Saturday: Hubby's got a catch-up with school friends. I think the gal and I will make Gourmet Girlfriend's gnocci. Mmmm.

6 comments:

  1. I am glad it is working out for you! We had a few issues with possums with our deliveries and had to cancel them :-( x

    ReplyDelete
  2. O deep sigh of despair - they don't deliver to my postcode yet, and all I hear are good, good things about them! I reckon an email urging them forward may be called for! Your menu for the week sounds absolutely scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a link for Aussie Farmers Direct deliveries?
    Merci
    La Hole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MM, I'm glad our possums haven't discovered the boxes!

    Thanks Sparkly Tiara - am so happy you've recturned to the blog world.

    Hi SawHole, try this: http://www.aussiefarmers.com.au/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok I'm coming over ... if only you were closer to Oberon ... le xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi PPMJ - I'm blaming you for my current culinary advnetures.

    If you could just adopt me I'm sure I could go back to normal.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x