Wednesday, June 01, 2011

the people you meet

I've written before about the power of community with blogging - it's one of the things that makes my heart sing. I've 'met' so many people through blogs who are kindred spirits.

One of these is Kakka from Menopausal Mumma. Kakka's been a sweet, consistent voice in both comments and blogs and she's just one of those people who makes the world a nicer place to be in. So when I discovered that Kakka's mother blogged, well, I had to go see.

Unsurprisingly, Mimsie, Kakka's mother is just as lovely as her daughter. I love checking in on Mimsie's blog {not in the least because we have the same blog design - kindered spirits indeed}. I think it's so important that we're exposed to the voices of different generations, with respect and understanding. Mimsie always gives me something to think about - and for that I'd like to thank her.

So here's my virtual afternoon tea setting for my on-line friends - with a place for Kakka, a place for Mimsie - and one for you if you'd care to join us.

6 comments:

  1. I would absolutely love to join you. Your comments on 'inter-generational blogging' are excellent. I wholeheartedly agree with you and I have never thought that blogging could open up that door. What a privellege. I'm off to check out both Menopausal Mumma and Mimsie (just so I know who I'm having afternoon tea with, of course!!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maxabella. Reading Mimsie's blog makes me wish I'd asked my grandparents more questions when they were alive. Hope you enjoyed your visit. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, may I? Karen is one of the most beautiful, warm and comforting women in this blogging community.

    There were times when I was at my absolute lowest, her comments, her 'voice' could pull me out of my despair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is wonderful isn't she Melissa? I honestly didn't care too much about not going to the blogging conference, but when I saw Kakka was attending I nearly cried in frustration. She's such a beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow, look what happens, I take a few days away and miss this very generous post. Thanks so much PPMJ for acknowledging not just me but my Mum as well (I will have to send her over to have a look).

    Your words have made me feel very humble indeed (and yours too Melissa), I just try to be me when I blog and so hopefully that's why you feel comfortable popping over to visit me.

    My Mum's blog is just her too, and I love the fact she is putting the family history somewhere that all the generations that follow can read her words, once she is no longer with us in person (hopefully that time is a long way off).

    I really did enjoy cyber afternoon tea and maybe one day we will get to meet in real life.

    Again, thanks so much for your generous words xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am feeling quite embarrassed at this wonderful compliment as I am always reluctant to write anything on my blog as I feel so inferior to others I read (including that of my daughter Kakka. I was thrilled to spend time enjoying afternoon tea and perhaps I will through this meet other bloggers whose blogs I can enjoy and who perhaps will follow mine. Once again thank you so much for your kindness. xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x