Wednesday, March 09, 2011

what's cooking wednesday

You know what? I'm pretty sure that the one thing that keeps me sane is menu planning. Sure, I don't always follow it to the letter, but it stops the panicked "Oh my god, what are we going to have for dinner?" at 5pm. Here's what we'll be eating this week.
Wednesday: My gal has a netball clinic and shall be starvational upon return. I'm going to cook up a beef and cashew stir-fry with lots of noodles.
Thursday: My pal, the Divine Ms M, is up for the night. Best cook up something good. Provencal chicken always goes down a treat.
Friday: Off to my in-laws for dinner. My mother-in-law always cooks up something yummy.
Saturday: We're going to friends' for 'duck night'. They'll be cooking up duck confit, we'll be bringing matching champagne and a pudding. We do it french-style and buy something from a good patisserie.
Sunday: There shall be roast and it should be pork.
Monday: Lamb backstrap warm salad - with feta, mint, peas and a caramelised balsamic dressing.
Tuesday: French lessons {with the scariest task ever - and one we're getting marked on - sacré bleu!} Chicken curry in the slow cooker is the best option.

And that's it. Two cheaty meals out and lots of fun.

8 comments:

  1. Complete envy once again ... oh to be a good cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lamb backstrap salad sounds delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are inspiring me right now! NOMMMMM. PS Is your Divine Ms M also a blonde? WOnder if it is the same person.... x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want to come live at your house can you adopt me. Your week of meals sure sounds a lot more appetising than our current list of chicken pasta, tacos, fajitas, spag bol REPEAT

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum

    keep your meal plans coming, i am feeling inspired

    Gill xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks LizeyLou, but honestly, it's nothing!

    The Fresh Ingredient - I'll have to let you know how it goes - it's a newy!

    Mrs Woog - nope, my Divine Ms M is a redhead, but she was a natural blonde... How hilarious that we both posted on the same day about the same friend name. {chances are we're twins...}

    Michelle, I get bored ridiculously easy, that's why there's such variety.

    Corinne - you're welcome too, but I think the gals and Skip would miss you.

    Belinda x

    Gill, that's good to hear.

    You girls are the best xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x