Tuesday, March 15, 2011

move it

I've had enough. Enough of being sedentary - of grumbling, groaning and aching. I'm back into exercise - for good. Since busting up my knee last year and giving up netball I've gained weight and lost fitness and it's driving me nuts. But no more. I'm asking for help, and making time for myself. My husband's now a lycra-lad. Three or more times a week he rises before 6am and rides for 50 to 60 kilometres. No matter what. Me, well, there's always something I 'should' be doing.

Not anymore. On the days hubby's not rising I'll be waking at 7am and going for a walk. And on the days he does ride I'll go for a walk when he's home from work. My gal's stepping up and making her own breakfast and lunch - and hubby's cooking on the nights I'm exercising.

I've started off well: a bike ride followed by laps in the pool on Sunday. A 30 min walk {in the rain!} last night - and a long, fast 45 minute walk this morning.

I really want to be fit for France - and beyond. From now on I'm choosing my health first.

8 comments:

  1. Good for you! You're off to a wonderful start! It is so easy to put everything before ourselves but it is important for us to have our time too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you! It's hard to make the time, but you feel SO much better when you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same thing when my martial arts class ended suddenly last year I couldn't get the motivation to start all over again. Started swimming last week! Was going to go again to but didn't - i'll have give myself a kick. x
    Started my new blogg here would be good for people check it out
    http://hiccupsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! I keep thinking I'm getting motivated and then it seems to go away.

    Can you send some motivation over here? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great decision! It's all too easy to spend the day glued to the screen. You'll feel so much better for it. You may find your new netball yet! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I just have a quick question about your site. Would you mind emailing me back @ christinajohnson126@gmail.com when you get a chance?

    Thanks,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear ya sister! I'm trying to do the same. Hard getting back into it but must do, big time.

    I can't believe your hubby does that many kms 3 times a week! He must be a bundle of energy. Puts me to absolute shame. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's a popular saying among fitness experts: "The best exercise is the one you're not doing." The take-home message? To achieve the best results, you need to regularly challenge your body in new ways. So while classic movements like the pushup, lunge, and squat are the staples of any good workout plan, varying the way you perform these exercises every 4 weeks can help you avoid plateaus, beat boredom, and speed fat loss.campal carlmontpharmacy

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x