Tuesday, March 08, 2011

all grown-up

I've spent quite a few years wondering when I'd hit that mythical moment that I'd feel like a 'grown-up'. It wasn't with my first mortgage, baby, or even marriage. Even my first brand-new grown-up car didn't help. A thumping great backyard renovation didn't nudge me into grown-up territory - nor did my 40th birthday! But now, I think I've cracked it.

In the past week we've finally succumbed to family health insurance, we have Foxtel IQ and two matching proper grown-up lounges. With a matching new rug and everything.

Mmmhm, all grown up now.


3 comments:

  1. I think most people won't find the 'ah' moment when they feel grown up.
    Time just flies and life goes on and after a while (or even longer) you'd realize, ah, I've grown up already,

    xh
    http://sourcherryandcurlchocolate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... So *that's* it! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One marriage, one child, one term in active duty military, a hysterectomy, gray hairs, hair loss, 2 mortgages and many renovations later, and I still don't have that "ahhh" moment. Don't know if I want to be "grown up" as that means the next thing is death! I'll make sure I don't buy any matching lounges in the near future...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x