Monday, March 07, 2011

a shoe story

The only thing I love more than finding a cute pair of shoes is when the discovery of said shoes comes about fortuitously. Take my newest find for example. Yep, that's them, in the dodgy phone pic {with a bit of my study carpet underneath}. But even though the quality of the image is poor their attributes shine out. They are the wedge of the kitten heel world, something that I thought was a myth - a shoe with the height of the kitten heel, but the ease of walking that the wedge provides. Lovely! And have you ever seen a more Chanel-esque combination of black straps and white leather camelia? I know! So, the shoe, already perfection non?

Now, here's the story. Driving back from Beth's the weekend before last we had to stop off in Bowral so I could buy my gal a wee pressie. But, while we were there I quickly swerved into a park right outside my fave story in the Southern Highlands - Dirty Jane's Emorium {what's not to love with a name like that right?} This shop is awesome, well worth a day trip from Sydney - or even Newcastle actually... Anywhooo. Dirty Janes now has a whole separate shop, filled with different stalls all selling the most covetable goodies. In one I bought a gorgeous fabric loveheart in a frame for my gal, and in another, I spied my pretty shoes. Yep, one pair, in a vintage store, in my size, after a kick-ass memorable weekend.

They were mine in a moment.

And now, every time I wear them I'll think of my fab gal's weekend and smile.

6 comments:

  1. How did I just find this out NOW?! How good is the vintage market at the back? Oh it was MEANT to be. Love them. Love you. Love Dirty Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great find! I keep dreaming about going back to Dirty Jane's. Loved, loved, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am harbouring some serious envy here at those shoes! I broke my big toe many years ago, it rendered my heel wearing days over :( Wedges are my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have almost the exact same pair, but with a black flower. They are not wedges but have a little heel. What a great find. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so not a shoe girl but those are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x