Wednesday, May 27, 2009

what a load of rubbish

I'm counting down the days to this weekend for two reasons. Firstly, my bestest buddy is coming up for a visit {hurrah!} and secondly because this weekend is the bi-annual council clean up. Now, I'll be frantically averting my eyes from any piles of junk on the kerb as we need NOTHING brought into our house. Nothing. However, we've got a ton of stuff to get rid of. 

As I look over my left shoulder I normally have a gorgeous view down the side return of my veranda to the old rocking chair in the corner with the frangipani peering around the edge. Pretty. But for the last few months I've been looking at our rusty old, beyond-repair bbq and a stack of other stuff that's been waiting to go sit at the kerb before finding a new home. So friday, when hubby gets home from work we'll change into our oldest clothes and start lugging stuff down the stairs and out the front. I've been loving how refreshed I feel after purging so much of our clutter on the inside - I can't wait to clean out stuff on the outside too.

Then my home will be all fresh and ready for a girly weekend with cocktails, Sex and the City marathons, antique shopping, coffee and chocolate fairing and all things pink and pretty. Bliss.

1 comment:

  1. HEY! WHY ARENT YOU COMING HERE TO HAVE GIRLS WEEKEND WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

    Ok, anyways. The last few weeks we've devoted lots and lots of time to clearing out junk, selling/donating/trashing. I love doing it, I'm always scouting out my house to see what else can be gotten rid of.

    With a new kid on the way, my house will soon be a dumping ground for loads and loads of junk so the time to eliminate is NOW.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x