Thursday, May 21, 2009

up the garden path


Our next big task is completing our side garden. When it was an overgrown jungle it looked like your typical side yard, but now it's cleared, we realise what a massive space we have to work with. From the side of the house to the fence is around three metres wide, and from the pavillion down to the current box hedge garden is probably around 8 metres. Hugeness.

We're planning on a wee garden shed and vegie gardens with old brick paths edged with lavender leading their way through. Somewhere we'll be using the massive convict sandstone blocks that formed the previous retaining walls - possibly as drystone retaining walls or to raise my vegie gardens. We'll see... Pretty gardens like these serve me with endless inspiration - as do the blogs that house them! I can't wait to get my fingers dirty...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x