Friday, May 15, 2009

frugal friday is having a fashion moment

Why yes, it is somewhat odd to have images of Chanel's Autumn collection to illustrate my frugal friday post, but hear me out. I honestly think it's possible to look fashion forward merely by accessorising and choosing your colours wisely. For example, I've got plenty of black classics in my winter wardrobe, so unlike last winter when I jazzed the outfits up with accents of red, I'll use pale pink, pond green and cream. Layering will also serve double the purpose by keeping me warm, and looking like Karl's muse.

Keeping an eye on the beauty trends also helps keep your look fresh. Now, it's important not to take them too literally {such as  the Amanda de Lepore lips seen on modules at Alexander McQueen...} it's more a matter of assuming the essence. For my Chanel face I'd go for a pale face, pale eyeshadow {rose or cream} and lashings of black mascara and black eyeliner. As for the messy hair that's highly favoured on so many catwalks - easy peasy - I've already got that!

All I have to do now is weed through my wardrobe and work out how a visit to a haberdashery store might help me update some knitwear - and get ready to pile on my beads. Oh, and what I'd give for a funky bit of knitwear to perch upon my barnet - how cute are those hats!

1 comment:

  1. Exactly my sentiments! Since it's all about pop brights here for summer, I invested in a few lipglosses and a few bright nail polishes. Currently wearing one called "Pink Candy"- it's a bright reddish pink. I have a variety of brightly colored purses that I just need to make sure are in good working order, and since I'm prego, it's perfectly fine for me to wear my bright pink or bright orange Haivainas that I already own everywhere. I sold a bunch of my winter maternity clothes and a few things I'm sure won't fit or be in style after pregnancy so I could afford a few summer things, but decided to keep them simple- 3 simple jersey dresses, a pair of white linen capris, and some bright tshirts. I favor wearing dresses nearly everyday that I can anyhow.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x