Thursday, May 21, 2009

eyes of a stranger

Sometimes I think it's important to step back and look at your home through the eyes of a stranger. When you live somewhere it's easy to miss finer details that mar its beauty.

This weekend we've got a huge working bee planned. We're going to get stuck into the backyard, give the pool a good clean, plant the new magnolias in their pots, fertilise all the plants, and just generally clean up. So I'm going to start the to-do list by standing here, in front of my fence, and seeing what stands out as needing to be done. 

There'll be weeding, scrubbing of the front steps, and probably deadheading those roses - as the blooms have now metamorphosed into rose hips. Coming home every day I'm immune to those little things, but I want to step back and see the little tweaks I can make to allow my home to shine inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x