Thursday, May 28, 2009

run like the wind

I'm supervising my daughter's athletics carnival today, so this week's shoe is a trainer! I need a new pair of running shoes, as my current pair have zero cushioning. But I'm a total fusspot when it comes to trainers - even worse than I am with my heels. I need comfort, support, prettiness and stability - and finding all of those ain't easy.

My current pair are Asics - dead-expensive, but worth it when you're 41 and still insist on playing netball regularly. It's essential with shoes to do the cost-per-wear-factor calculations. Worn three times a week for a year or so - that triple digit price tag starts to look decidedly reasonable...

2 comments:

  1. Those are very very nice. I'm still in love with my last pair of "trainers" (love that you call them that, I call them running shoes or tennies but I may convert to trainers). They are Nike, surprisingly, and I say surprisingly because I have sort of funny feet.

    I have narrow heels, high arches, and a really high top arch to my foot. AKA, feet shaped from years of pointe shoes. So, finding ones that are comfy, support my arches but don't make my feet go numb, don't rub my heels to death, and provide good support is an illusive hunt.

    I also love that these have a good deal of mesh as the cloth, so they breath very well, and they aren't clunky and heavy. I do like asics though too and once in awhile find a decent set adidas, though thats rare.

    Sigh. Shoes. These trainers are pink and green too, did I mention that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with the comments about runners. I have Saucony shoes. They're the only ones that have offered me the kind of arch support I need for running. I ran the Asics down super fast - no more bounce.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x