Monday, May 25, 2009

welcome back

I stayed up waaaaaay past my usual nana-bedtime last night because - finally - channel 10 are screening the US-version of The Biggest Loser. Now, don't get me wrong, I love me a little Michelle and Shannan, but Jillian and Bob won my heart with the first series of the US progam, and first-love never dies.

I was very lucky in my previous job because I used to regularly write about The Biggest Loser so not only did I get to visit The White House {in Aus} I also got to interview the contestants and trainers. {I know!} I'll never forget the first interview I did with Jillian - who's exactly like she is on the show. We were discussing the first round of Aussie contestants, what surprised her about them... When she said, in her distinctive drawl.... "You know, you'll talk with them, and they'll tell you about how, this is it, they're really going to change, nothing's going to stop them, they're on their journey... Then, you give them the choice of going forward and eating a cupcake, and whadda they do? They eat the f***n cupcake!" It still rings in my ears - bless her.

So of course, I'm addicted to the show, and get more than a little bit excited every time Jillian comes on the screen - let's hope nobody reaches for a cupcake...

Still on reality, MasterChef is helping me realise how ridiculously fickle I am - and how loving can turn to meh in an instant. See, I started off sure than Sam and Kate were two of the front-runners. They seemed to know food and how to put it together. But now? Oh, honey, what's happened. Sam's once again in the bottom three and my love for Chris is reaching a new high. I've also realised that while I love, love, love to cook - there's no way in hell I'd survive an episode of that show - 30 minutes to prepare and cook a dish from mystery ingredients? Hell no, I'd still be slicing and sauteeing 29 minutes in.

So tonight - who's leaving? Surely not Tom after that fabulous snapper dish. And Trevor? I've got a bit of a soft spot for ol' Trev. Maybe Sam -  at least he can get started on that honeymoon.

3 comments:

  1. hi there! is US biggest loser on only sunday nights? couldn't find on ch 10 website. what an ungodly hour to be on!! How AWESOME you got to meet Gillian. did you meet Bob? i'm having a deep and meaningful affair with him that he doesnt know about!! i think he is just fantstic. i agree with your coment about shannan/michelle -v- bob and gillian. cheers, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, Sunday night after Rove - which I think was around 10.30-ish, Newcastle channel 10 - which I think is the same as all NSW... I think I'll be recording it in future. Yes, I'm dead-chuffed I got to meet Jillian, and, OH MY, Bob... Too gorgeous in real life - I could barely breathe let alone form questions. He's divine - and probably having many virtual affairs that he's unaware of I'd imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amanda - it was on at 9.40pm - although the way they switch programs around on free-to-air channels, who knows if it'll stay there! Fingers and toes crossed, as I'm not a fan of watching tv shows on-line {am a complete luddite}

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x