Monday, September 19, 2011

meal planning monday


Meal-planning last week flew right out the window. I didn't go shopping and had lots of unexpected last minute plans so hubby and I had toast for dinner one night {we had some ravioli for the gal} and one night I even, {come close, I'll be whispering this... *Ihadacheeseburgerfrommcdonaldsdon'thateme*}

So some of last week's meals will be repeated - as they weren't even cooked. But I did come up with a surprise last night. We had some leftover roast butternut pumpkin in the fridge, so I tipped it into a bowl, added some cooked leftover jasmine rise, a sliced green onion and some frozen corn, sweet chilli sauce and dried, mixed herbs and formed it into little balls. I then baked these in the oven and served it with the fillet steak with balsamic caramelised onion and salad for dinner. Delish! Great for hiding vegies for kidlets too - you could add peas, grated carrot, grated {drained} zucchini - anything!

Monday: I'm doing crusted lamb fillet with roasted chick pea salad {I'll roast vegies such as capscium, zucchini and onion, and then, with 15 minutes to go, I'll toss in some drained and rinsed tinned chickpeas and garlic and let them all brown up. I'll serve with a balsamic glaze and sprinkled with parsley}

Tuesday: Pork schnitzel, mash and greens.

Wednesday: It's my gal's netball presentation from 6.30 and I'll be there early setting up. She'll have a sausage sizzle, I'll see if I can snaffle one too. Hubby can fend for himself.

Thursday: Salmon patties with apple coleslaw.

Friday: I'm going to do a butterflied chicken on the bbq. With a haloumi and beetroot salad.

Saturday: I've got a hankering for scallops - dare I try to cook them?

Sunday: Roast with a twist - leg of lamb on the bbq with a french lentil salad.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know what I want to see? I want to see photos of your amazing menu. And you never answer my question: do you stick to your weekly menu?

    Because as much as I plan, I never do!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kymmie,

    I will have to take some photos. I try to stick to the menu - probably 60 % on a bad week (like last week) and 90% on a good week (I don't think I've ever got a 100 per cent success rate.)

    Often i'll swap meals around, depending on use-by dates. Or I'll make a change - i couldn't buy organic lamb fillet yesterday, so we had little lamb chops coated in pistachio dukkah with the chickpea salad.

    I try to force myself to stick to it - but it means making sure that I shop. Otherwise, if I finish work and have to shop I'l opt for an easier option.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x