Monday, September 26, 2011

meal-planning monday


First week of the school holidays - so a rather disjointed meal plan as our gal goes to friend's houses and vice-versa. Last night I made a chicken and leek pot pie as my Aussie Farmer's box had a leek in it. Luckily the weather turned all stormy and cold, which suited it perfectly. Served alongside I roasted some baby dutch carrots and broccoli {love roasted broccoli!}

Monday: Gal at a pals. So hubby and I will have a simple salt and pepper squid salad.

Tuesday: She's home again, but I'll be home late from a meeting in Sydney. Hubby and the gal can cook. Mexican I'd imagine.

Wednesday: I still haven't made salmon patties - tonight shall be the night.

Thursday: The divine Ms M is coming to stay, so I'm going to make pickled pork. Never made it before, so look out for a recipe on the other blog later this week.

Friday: My gal has a pal over. I think we'll make chicken burgers for dinner. With sweet potato chips and salad.

Saturday: BBQ night. Steaks will be good.

Sunday: We're off to a 40th lunchtime do. Apparently it's also grand final day. Hmmm. Mother and father-in-law coming over to look after our gal. I'll cook up a chicken provencale casserole so we can all eat that for dinner when we come home.

Phew, done!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I should start planning these holidays. I'd like the recipe for the chicken dish. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nom. All sounds fabulous to me.

    I've just come back from the weekly food shop. Boy, is that challenging with 3 boys in tow. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrrr. Stupid internet. I left you such a long and glorious comment! ARGH! It was to the effect of what my meal planning stuff was and praising the heck out of yours because yours are golden and genius. MUAH!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x