Thursday, September 29, 2011

step back in time


I am stepping back in time tonight. My pal, The Divine Ms M, is up in Newcastle to get inked tomorrow so tonight we're headed back to our old Uni haunt, The Great Northern. It's the launch of This Is Not Art festival so it should be fun.

Hopefully we won't be the oldest people there. Did I tell you about the last time I went there with some old uni pals? We were reminiscing with the barman about how we used to hang at the East Room in our uni days and he said, "Oh yeah, my mum used to go there."

I'll let you sit with that for a moment.

His.

Mum.

I'll get over that one day.

Oh, if only the East Room were refurbished so we could lounge on some gorgeous old velvet couches just like in the olden days...

8 comments:

  1. Have fun! Nothing better than catching up with old girl friends. I think I might know your Divine Ms M, too??

    I think she went to school with my mum?? Just kidding, replace mum with brother...

    Enjoy!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you made me laugh with that one Corinne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eighteen year old cousin came over with one of her friends a few months ago. I decided to take them out for lunch and we chatted about this and that, me pushing my youngest in the pram. Later as they were saying good bye, my cousin's friend gives me a kiss on the cheek and then says, 'bye aunty'. OMG. I nearly died. There I was thinking I was on the same wave length as them. Hell I'd even taken them to a hip and happening cafe! I'm only 38 for god's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I know what you are talking about. I hate when I go to a clothes shop and the assistant says "oh my mum's just like you!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. And there was me walking through the city yesterday on my way to my train home thinking 'jeezus these graduates are getting younger and younger... what is he, like, 15?"

    Scary. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. Yup. His MUM. Awesome. Say bye bye to any tip you were hoping for bartender dude.

    And what's this about velvet lounges?? Do tell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Used to hang at The East room whilst at Uni...loved that spot....

    I became a great-aunty a few weeks ago, me the mother of master 2.5 & Miss 4...a great-aunty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x