Tuesday, September 13, 2011

vegie-licious




I love my husband. Look what he did. In one weekend we went from weed-covered side-yard, to bare, ready-to-plant garden, to wee, pretty vegie garden.

Bless.

Look at my teeny little carrots, beetroot, rocket, lettuce, garlic, basil, tomatoes and corn. LOOK! Aren't they just the sweetest things ever? And yes, hubby did move all those massive convict sandstone slabs into place, oh, about two years ago... Can't rush these things. At least the soil's all nice and nourished - luckily as we have shocking clay soil here {I know, weird, we're only two blocks from the beach - I still think we should have sandy soil...}

Now I just need to get into a watering routine, and then in a month's time we're planting out the other garden bed. Fresh veg here we come!

8 comments:

  1. You have a GOOD husband right there! You will be my inspiration...I am working up to our vegie patch. Slowly, slowly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to love it- nothing better than home grown vegies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great husband!! I do love a vegie garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I see delicious veggies in your future =)

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!!! What a fantastic husband you have. You've inspired me. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is NOTHING better. Nothing.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girls, you should see how quickly they're growing - it's SO exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x