Saturday, September 17, 2011

freshening up for spring


Oh, I love Spring! How utterly glorious is this weather at the moment? After nearly spontaneously combusting last night I'm finally switching to the summer sheets today so all the white cotton sheets are on the line after a wash. Love how the sun bleaches them to crisp white after a winter spent yellowing in the linen closet.

Hubby's also got the pool loaded with salt and looking all sparkly and ready for a swim. I think I might just take the first plunge this weekend...

This is our first weekend since returning from holidays that we've had absolutely nothing planned, and oh my, it's just blissful. Our gal's gone for a sleepover with a friend and all we have to do is potter around the house and garden getting it looking spiffy.

Now all I need are some spring flowers to fill the vases and I'll be set.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect, I love the weekends when there is nothing planned. Enjoy.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was very hot last night, today hubby is removing the cover of the air con, in readiness for the summer.But boy it is a much more cheerful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly what I am spending today doing as well. Bliss
    Bushbelles xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds pretty blissful to me. A book? By the pool? Glass of bubbles?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful! Love a good potter around xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x