Wednesday, September 21, 2011

does anybody here like the human league?


When one of my friends called me to tell me about the Rewind Festival in Wollongong at the end of October I squealed. Hello, a retro festival for old people? I'm on it. The list is awesome, including The Human League! I know!! "Don't you want me?" is one of my fave numbers to croon - can't wait to sing along with it in person. In fact, the last time I went and saw the Human League I looked a little like this...



Yep, that's me on the left {proving why I've had long hair since I was 16}, my bro {who's now a 6 foot three tattoo-covered Harley Riding, non-human-league-listening dude} and my step-sisters {two of whom were my age, yet I was freakishly tall at 13 - and average height now. Sigh.}

I may not wear the electric blue fishnets when I see The Human League this time, but I will be attending with two of my fabulously fun-loving gal-friends - Wollongong had better watch out.

7 comments:

  1. It's virtually on-trend isn't it? But oh, the puffy pirate shirt lived most of its life at the bottom of the ironing basket...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny. Gosh it's sometimes hard to look at photos from our teens. I was a perm lover myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh love, that wasn't a perm - just naturally curly hair cut too short (and that was during the growing-it-out-phase too) That's why my hair's so long nowadays - and always will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go and wear those fishnet stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - how double fab will that be :) I'm right with you sister - if they added simple minds, flock of seagulls, physdo echo and the eurythimics (?) I'd be there - plus the bronski beat - hold me down :) le xox

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x