Saturday, September 03, 2011

super dooper saturday


Oh my, it's a bit of a whopper of a day for us today. To start - my girls are in the GRAND FINAL. Yep, the netball team I've lovingly been coaching for three years has made it to the top. Eep! Bless their socks, they've won and lost with grace this year - taking to the court with enthusiasm every single game. And leaving the court with a smile on their face. I hope their smiles are mega-wide today. We've made some red and white cheerleader pom poms and I'll be waving them around like crazy today.

Immediately afterwards {actually, kinda during} my gal has to dash to ballet to do her first-ever classical exam. She'll leave before the last quarter to get their on-time - luckily her dad's the ballet-bun person in the family {seriously, eight years on and I still can't get the damned thing to stay put for a whole lesson!}

Then, that afternoon it's a catch-up at the club that sponsors our netball club - drinkies and nibblies for all the players. Bless.

And is that all? Nope. I'm catching up with a fab friend who was in Paris at the same time as us - but our conflicting schedules didn't allow us to have champagne in Paris. So we'll have some champagne and cheese here while sighing over Paris together and plotting our next trip... Then, we're headed off to meet some more friends at Bar Petite. More champagne? Probably.

Sunday's father's day, so not tooooooo much champers on Saturday night. Breakfast in bed for the hubby, then pressies and a bit of a relax. We'll be needing it I think.

How's your weekend panning out?

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the netball and Ballet exam, wow a busy day!
    My weekend is turning out just nicely. Going for brunch in the morning for Father's Day , which is great because I don't have to cook!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody google it just hijacked my message, so here I go again.

    Best of luck with the netball and may the ballet exam be a breeze for your gal.

    Sounds like a fun and hopefully 'winning' day. Enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did netball game go? And I am impressed you (a) let your daughter play netball before a ballet exam (our dance teacher would freak out about injuries) and (b) your hubby can do a bun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the team won! Or at least had big smiles at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x