Sunday, September 25, 2011

fabulous frocks


So yesterday my gal and I went shopping. I was in search of a new summer frock - and I found FOUR. First of all we wandered aimlessly around David Jones where everything was for old ladies or young chicks. Tragic. I miss my David Jones city store that had everything I needed...

Then we went to Target. Score. Not only did I find the two fab maxi dresses on the right - it was 20 per cent off day. Cheap-as.

Then we wandered downstairs in the hell that is Westfield to buy my gal a book for the school holidays - only to find that there are NO BOOKSTORES in Westfield. None! I realised that Borders closed down, but no Angus and Robertson either. Sad.

So I told the gal we'd trek over to Hamilton to an old-fashioned bookshop. Oh my. It's been a while since I've visited Maclean's Booksellers and that won't happen again. What a glorious store. My gal found three books she just had to have, and the most gorgeous hardcover {pink!} Anne of Green Gables that I insisted she just had to have. And I bought Marieke Hardy's new book You'll Be Sorry When I'm Dead. Love it.

After that we just stepped into the Red Cross store next door where I found that pretty floral sundress on the left that was EXACTLY what I had in my mind. Perfect. And a lovely black and white floral longer number as well. All these for just over $100 - ridiculous.

5 comments:

  1. I love that dress with the red flowers! Would go perfect with my red shoes pictured in today's post!
    Love a good shopping spree and a bargain! You did well!

    Nic xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nic, I'll be wearing it with my cherry red patent wedges ALLLLLL summer long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have to looovvee a shopping day like that :) le xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my eye on the red floral dress and OF COURSE I can't buy it. Hmmmph. You will look gorgeous of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All for just over $100!! Can you take me shopping next time? x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x