Thursday, May 06, 2010

sweet, sweet nectar

There are many things I love, but few that I love with such an all-consuming passion as coffee. It wakes me, it warms me, it delights me. At the moment we're checking out holiday homes in Provence and possibly The Lot for our holiday next year - and I must admit, one of the things I'm looking for in the kitchen shots is a coffee machine.

In Paris, that's not so important - everywhere is a mere moment from a café.

This holiday's going to be different to all the rest. On our first holiday I took note of those guidebooks who told me to drink my coffee standing up at a bar, not sitting at the expensive seats out the front. Bah. How can you put a price on people watching in Paris from a lil bistro table with a cafe au lait in front of you?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think my coffee machine is emitting a siren song once again and calling me back for another cup. I can't possibly ignore her call can I?

4 comments:

  1. She's fixed? HURRAH! I can't wait to live vicariously through you on this trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, not exactly... We've borrowed a teeny krups machine and I'm using that. Gives me the same fix - but not as beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are planning our honeymoon for June next year. To Rome, then driving up through Florence, then Switzerland and then over to Paris.

    I'd love to hear more about your plans. We've never been overseas and are at a loss about where to start, where to stay, what to see, etc.

    Enjoy the planning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, Missea - our last holiday we stayed a few days in Rome, and visited Florence {gorgeous} and, of course, had a week in Paris. The time before, another week in Paris. You can never get enough of Paris... Will do a post soon - look out for it! x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x