Monday, May 31, 2010

shoe boo be doo

Navy blue patent with a daring low side swoop that makes my heart dip and soar. Oh Lanvin, I think I love you. While these shoes are dangerously reminiscent of a pair of navy patent mary janes that were too large for moi and too small for my pal Beth, I just had to post them. I've never had a hankering for navy shoes before, but this season, navy's calling my name. Maybe I've finally been away from school for long enough to be able to consider the colour that made up the bulk of my school uniform. Or perhaps its deep hues are just slightly seductive. Whatever, I like these very much indeed.

Today's a pupil-free day. Again. I swear we've had, oh, I don't know, 200 of these this year {approx}. Today though, I don't really mind. I stayed in bed till 9.30am while the rain bucketed down and I'm pretty sure my gal will stay in her jammies all day. We'll make some lemon cupcakes later on - she's determined to make Julie's lemon diva cupcakes from her MasterChef cookbook.

Oh, and we shan't talk about MasterChef. So disappointed by that sickening high drama last night. I honestly felt ill for a whole ad break after Matt threw the plate on the floor. There've been calls on twitter and realityravings that MasterChef's jumped the shark with that moment - that and the mopping up the salmon roe with Handee wipes. C'mon - you can't show us all the meals but you can show us people mopping up spills with a sponsor's product?

Hopefully they've got counselling available to the contestants, poor Callum looks on the verge of a breakdown. This season the cooking's merely a prop to all the drama - which would be fine if the drama were interesting...

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you on last night's MasterChef debacle. I love that show but honestly...who needs melodrama to go with their pasta? Matt deserves a good kick up the arse...so unnecessary and not even mildly amusing

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great day to stay inside. I have my nana rug and a book and life is good.
    I missed MasterChef last night. Sounds like it was a great tantrum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to be the consensus Kerry, I've gone from loving to loathing pretty quickly.

    Vicki, am v jealous of your day - nana rug AND a book = bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you on MC. Silly, silly, silly. Everyone cooks too well and cries too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - sharks were jumped. I was BESIDE myself in that ad break - I love Matt P but come on now...

    As for those shoes? LOVE. If only those patent mary janes did fit. I will be giving my new chic white top a run at the office this week. The weather is APPALLING. Hope you bake some sunshine with your gal anyway x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x