Monday, February 25, 2013

meal planning monday



Hi, sorry I'm late. I slept in this morning and barely made it to work on time. Here's what's on the menu this week at Chez PPMJ.

Monday: I've bought a roast chicken from the supermarket and a family-sized microwave basmati rice. With these I am creating a chicken fried rice. Sauteed bacon, shallots, corn, capsicum, broccoli - added rice, soy sauce and stirred. Then I'll toss through shredded chicken and fresh basil at the end.

Tuesday: the 10-year-old netball team I'm co-coaching has grading tonight. It starts at six and ends goodness-knows-when. I have leftover slow-roasted lamb shoulder and french lentils from sunday night so I'll dice up the lamb, and make a sauce with beef stock, bacon and red wine. I'll mix in the lentils, pop these in ramekins and make some mashed potato for the top. Hubby and daughter can pop them in the oven when they're hungry and serve them with some corn and peas.

Wednesday: I'm making my new fave - Nigella's Greek Lamb chops, these things are addictive! Served with a watercress salad.

Thursday: Perhaps salmon on the bbq tonight? With salad.

Friday: Nothing planned - so we'll have a bbq. Steaks. Big ones. Salad. Big too.

Saturday: Hmm. Butterflied chicken on the bbq perhaps? With a salad. Perhaps that quinoa salad in the pic above with the duck confit? Yes?

Sunday: I'm going to slow-cook something tonight. Could be pork belly, could be roast beef, could be ribs... let's see where the mood takes me.

And you?


4 comments:

  1. What a menu!!!! You never fail to intrigue me with your ideas. As for our meals this week. Quite mundane compared with yous but then it's still very hot in Perth so salads reign supreme with chicken, pork cutlets etc. Nothing interesting but still quite enjoyable. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried French lentils! I know I should, Jamie Oliver always bangs on about them. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek, your meal planning is making me feel all inadequate. We are having such a hodge-podge week due to being car-less. Monday we had barbecued chicken with store-bought salad. Tonight I served the kids sushi while I had leftover bean, mushroom and coriander stir-fry. Tomorrow will be home-crumbed salmon fingers with baked fries. Thursday we're going ultra-straight again - new york steak with a smear of mustard. Friday? That will be fairy floss at the Newcastle Show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am I awe of your ability to serve a gourmet meal even on a busy night, I called husband to get happy meals the other night because there was nothing left in the tank. My poor kids.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x