Monday, February 18, 2013

meal planning monday


Well, obviously I survived the crazy-busyness of last week to blog another week. Just.

Guess what? This week is probably just as busy.

I know!

But hopefully Saturday should see the bulk of my busyness complete in my volunteer role as registrar for the netball club when all 600+ registrations are taken to Newcastle on Saturday.

Big. Sigh. Of. Relief.

Here's what's happening, and what we're eating in-between. Hopefully. I had toast a few nights last week. Well hey, vegemite is rich in B-vitamins isn't it?

Monday: We'll be coming back from a day in Sydney, to go down to the netball courts at 6pm to find out which team my gal's in (which, obviously I know as I'm registrar...) Then it's back here with a few other committee members to work out exactly what I need to get done before Saturday. We'll have Sticky Rice Thai takeaway after that.

Tuesday: Burlesque class tonight - hallelujah. After all the busyness I need some stress-relief and exercise in my life. Spaghetti Bolognaise for dinner.

Wednesday: it's the AGM for netball at 7pm. I can whip up some chicken pot pies and vegies to serve before that surely.

Thursday: nothing happening. Phew. I want to make caramelised pork, udon noodles and wilted greens for dinner tonight.

Friday: nothing planned (so far! I said that last week and ended up going to an art opening AND out for a drink with some friends afterwards. And home to toast with vegemite). I'm going to cook salmon on the bbq with plenty of salads alongside. A nice, crispy shredded veg salad would be good: beetroot, carrot, zucchini, baby spinach, toasted pinenuts. YUM.

Saturday: we're going to my in-laws for the night - maybe having dinner there?

Sunday: home for a roast chicken, salad and a warm lentil salad.

ps; that pic is the fabulous French camembert my from C and I dined on Saturday night. It's from the Essential Ingredient and it was seventy shades of fabulous.

French word of the day: moindre (mwadre) - smaller.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm that cheese looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mouth watering at the sight of that cheese!
    As always the meals sound divine!!
    Us: There is the leftovers from pork belly, probably a home-made vege pizza with pumpkin, baby spinach & baby boccincini, burritos/tacos & fish with a fennel salad...plus I am off to a thermomix demonstration dinner & wine tasting (mainly French wines) on Tuesday and my mama's birthday luncheon on Saturday (I'm on cake & veg/salad duty)...so should be a good week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x