Friday, February 22, 2013

fabulous friday


Yesterday this cranky-faced little beetroot tart popped into my Twitter stream, and I knew he must be mine. Look at that cutely-cross lil face.

He's a beetroot and blue cheese tart, and he was at Quint Cafe at The Essential Ingredient - until he was in my belly.

He was delicious.

Do you like silly things that make you giggle? They're my saviour. Especially when they're absolutely scrumptious.

French word of the day: pouffer de rire (pou-furr d rear) - giggle! 

I'm sorry, but I thought giggle was an awesome word until I saw the french word for giggle.

4 comments:

  1. Seriously - that's how they say giggle? Love it.
    That tart is seriously cute. How awesome it would be to make pastries with funny faces, to just give someone's day a bit of a giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'ai ri = I laughed. Not sure the French for laugh is all that funny!
    Loved the tart though and I did laugh as I too have that type of sense of humour that enjoys silly things.
    It sort of reminded me of my #2 5yo g/granddaughter who took a tumble the other day and has a nasty bloody gash on her forehead which was 'glued' together and then had strips applied across it. She is fine but that face on the tart...yes it was her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun! I love your cranky faced tart. Bit like me, really!?! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tart, I do love anything that makes me giggle too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x