Saturday, February 23, 2013

a soggy ol' saturday


Oh it's raining, pouring here in Newy. Again. So it's an inside kinda weekend. I have a gigantic pile of chuck steak to chop up and slowly cook with speck and red wine for dinner tonight. Yep, it's a beef bourguignon kinda night.

Tomorrow night I have a fabulous lamb shoulder that shall be slow roasted.

And now? I'm watching Mumford & Sons Road To Red Rocks on my telly, reliving the fabulous concert experience that was the Gentlemen of the Road tour last year.

Love.

French word of the day: Pluie (ploowey) rain.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm I just bumped into a friend at the fruit shop who was also cooking up a big stew, it's still a little hot for me but I'm counting down the days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm I love beef bourg! And roast lamb!

    I'll send some sun your way, we have more than enough here.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next three days in Perth are forecast to be 35C (95F) and really wish I could send some of that over your way in exchange for some of your rain of course. We actually had 1mm of rain the other day but very little on the horizon next week. It will be great when it cool enough here to think about stews/casseroles etc. Love 'em. Keep dry. xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x