Monday, February 11, 2013

meal planning monday


Okay, deep breaths, I honestly do not know how I'm going to get through this week - busyness is amped up to the max. Eep! But it's all (mostly) good. Ready? Strap yourself in:

Monday: I'm grading the 15 year olds at the netball courts at 5pm tomorrow. They'll play for an hour, then we'll have to form them into teams. Wish me luck. Oh, and my gal goes back to ballet too - so she won't be home till after 7pm. Cheaty butter chicken and rice with garlic naan from Coles tonight it is.

Tuesday: I love my daughter, but her teeth drive me (and her) bonkers. See, they won't fall out. So every tooth so far, except two, has to be extracted by the dentist. Today it's a molar. Eeep. I'll make her some soothing homemade chicken noodle soup tonight to take the edge off. Might have a bowl myself when I get home from burlesque.

Wednesday: Burlesque class again. I'll make steak and salad for dinner tonight.

Thursday: It's Valentine's Day and hubby and I are going on a date night to Lizottes to see Baby et Lulu - and have a two course dinner. Romantic! My in-laws are coming down to stay with our gal, so I'll make them Nigella's greek lamb chops and salad for dinner. I can throw it in the oven when I get home from work, and my mother-in-law can just serve it when it's done.

Friday: Nothing planned. Woo hooo. Now, two separate people have RAVED about this recipe on Twitter so I'm going to cook Nigella's Pasta Risotto with peas and pancetta. It's from Nigellissima.

Saturday: Okay, please, please cross your fingers for nice weather as my friend C and I are off to Nobby's Lighthouse for a spot of open-air cinema tonight. We'll take some picnic food, cheese, crackers, bread, fruits - and sparkling wine.

Sunday: all three of us are off to Sydney to see Sarah Blasko in concert at The Sydney Opera House. Woo hoo! We're staying in a harbourview hotel on the northern side of the harbour, so we'll catch a ferry to circular quay and have dinner at Opera Bar before the show. So excited. It's my gal's first concert and she adores Sarah Blasko - what a first concert!

And that's it. You as exhausted as I am at the thought of this week?

French word of the day: occupé (ock - you - pay) busy!

8 comments:

  1. Oh PPMJ I am utterly exhausted even thinking about the week ahead of you. Hope it all goes well and I am sure the food will be delicious. Enjoy all the good things and the not so good things will be OK.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimisie - netball grading semi-ticked-off (just have to enter the teams into the system - only took 5 hours in total!) x

      Delete
  2. Mostly impressed that you posted this at 6.24 am.......that's organizational skills at their peak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it's all about organisation - only way to stay sane!

      Delete
  3. your sunday night sounds DIVINE! i'm immensely jealous!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just cannot wait Nicole - expect to see it all over Instagram!

      Delete
  4. How lovely Sunday night will be, what fabulous parents you are :) And fingers and toes crossed for Sat night...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god....how do you do it?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x