Tuesday, February 19, 2013

sydney sojourn for sarah blasko





So, we arrived in Sydney Sunday afternoon and checked into our hotel room. This was the view - not too shabby non? The harbour put on a rather dazzling display which we gazed at adoringly, before flopping on our beds to rest up for our big night.

We decided to walk down to the ferry terminal to catch the ferry to circular quay, which would have been a fabulous idea if it weren't far, far, away from our hotel.

One day my feet will recover.






But it was worth the walk as we got to see pretty things like this! Is there anything more fabulous than a Ferris Wheel backlit by pale blue sky and fluffy white clouds? I think not.






There were approximately seventy five bajillion photographers taking photos of the bridge, the opera house and the harbour. They had swish cameras on tripods. I had my iPhone.

We had a speedy dinner at the Opera House Kitchen - burgers all round. Before settling in to take our seats. Look how close we were! Row M - damned fine view.

The concert was brilliant. That made the fifth time I've seen Sarah Blasko live, and it was probably the best. The acoustics in the Opera House were magnificent for highlighting that incredible instrument that is Sarah Blasko's voice. And the backing by the Sydney International Orchestra?

Oh my.

Too fabulous.

There was a rousing standing ovation at the end of the performance. So well-deserved.


We caught the ferry back home again, and it went the long-way, via Balmain. We got to check out the pretty lights and night.


I also got to put my feet up. These shoes aren't made for walking.




I do love an iconic face. Couldn't resist taking a few shots as I hobbled along.



Look at this. Ahhhhh, pretty.


Sydney you're a damned fine photogenic beast.

And Sarah Blasko, thank you for the music. You make my heart sing.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos! Who needs fancy equipment, when you have a good eye!?!? And Lurve those shoes..that's a long way to walk in them too. Sounds like the perfect day and night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those photos are pretty fabulous, iphone or no.
    and those shoes! adorbs!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic time you had. Love the shoes but even when young I couldn't have walked in them. :) Really enjoyed all the wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, now I am really, really homesick. P.S Loved the shoes

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x