Monday, February 04, 2013

meal planning monday


Monday, monday, monday, monday. After a busy weekend, it's time to plan for a relatively calm (for me) week.

Monday: my gal has netball grading this afternoon, so we won't get home till about 7pm. I'll quickly cook up some steaks and whip up a salad.

Tuesday: burlesque fitness class tonight. I'll make tacos for the family.

Wednesday: burlesque again. The nights have changed so we're going two nights in a row until we can work out which other type of class we want to do. I'll make Nigella's greek lamb chops tonight. With a greek salad too. Mmmmm.

Thursday: nothing on. NOTHING. I can take my time with dinner tonight. Might make caramelised pork fillet and serve it with a glass noodle salad chockers with vegies.

Friday: nothing planned, so far, so I'll make some corn and bacon fritters. With lots of salad.

Saturday: as this is our first weekend with nothing planned, we'll try to get a lot done around the house. There's a lot of painting to be done, as well as heaps of other bits and pieces. Might make a big pot of chilli con carne. YUM.

Sunday: I need to make something from the French Laundry Cookbook. But what? I've read through it and oohed and aahed. I just need to decide. This requires its own post I think. To be confirmed...

French word of the day: danser (don - sahr) - dance. 

image from houstothome.co.uk - how cute are those clocks?

6 comments:

  1. Delicious as always! I tried the meal planning and lasted a week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you reckon I mastered this on first attempt? Took me AGES. x

      Delete
  2. ben bought shoulder chops from the supermarket and i've been wondering what to do with them, THANK YOU! that greek lamb chop recipe will be perfect, especially as i already have all of the ingredients ;)
    you are ever inspiring mademoiselle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meal plan each week too and actually try to document at least one of the meals on my blog. I think there's more of a common denominator in this than just Corinne!!!
    Oh, and have you read At My French Table by fellow Aussie Jane Webster? If not, you MUST. Divine. The Francophile in you will appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x