Wednesday, February 13, 2013

how sweet it is


I don't eat enough fruit - which is crazy, as it's the ultimate sweet treat isn't it? Actually, I'd eat more fruit if they were like these English strawberries - check out the depth of colour - no erky white interiors with these.

I like things that offer on the inside what they promise on the outside. Don't you? Whether it's people, books, bottles of champagne - I want goodness through and through. Life's too short to bother with those who're sweet on the outside, but bitter inside.

That's why I'm so lucky to have found such lovely, lovely friends. They make me smile.

French word of the day: Intéressant - (an-ter-ess-on) - interesting.

I'm meeting my new netball team this afternoon. I'm co-coaching this year with a 13-year-old who I've coached for the past five years or so. She'll make the most awesome coach, but needs to be mentored for a few years to build up confidence - and the skills to deal with parents (the toughest part of coaching by far!). On to new adventures!

4 comments:

  1. Nice analogy strawberries v friends their true insides. Now you've found those friends, where do you get those nice strawberries. Other than England?
    Good on you for coaching netball and mentoring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes love the analogy, I think it's a part of growing up isn't it, our friends are fewer but far better quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had strawberries on my breakfast cereal plus low-fat yoghurt and the strawberries were 'nice' but nothing like the English ones. I think these days food is so mass produced that much of it has lost its flavour.
    It is true that people, as with foodstuffs, are not always 'sweet' on the inside but I have been rather fortunate during my long life that most people I have known have been quite 'nice' but far too many of them have gone which saddens me.
    All the best with your coaching and I am sure that under your excellent guidance the young lass will also become an accomplished coach. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The strawberries I had this morning came from New Zealand and they were almost duplicates of the English ones you had in your photo. They were red right through and so delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x