Saturday, October 02, 2010

what's cookin' this week?

I know it's a Saturday, but after a week of positively indulgent eating {lots of duck confit, plenty of pork belly and all-round deliciousness} it's time to get onto some lighter spring meals. Here's what I'll be serving up this second week of the school holidays:
Tonight: Crispy skinned salmon, salad and steamed broccoli with almonds.
Sunday: Roast lemon chicken and salad.
Monday: Early dinner as hubby and daughter are driving to collect sister-in-law and two nieces from the airport. We'll make it a steak and salad night.
Tuesday: Gal has a pal for a sleepover. Let's try a chicken linguine dish shall we?
Wednesday: Gal is at a birthday party sleepover and I'm off to a dinner with my old netball team. Hubby can cook up a blokey t-bone with some steamed veg.
Thursday: Sister-in-law and the girls down for a visit: squid and prawns on the bbq with plenty of salads on the side.
Friday: Still visiting - I'll make up some 'never-fail' chicken pot pies and serve it with veg.

What's on your menu this week? Do you love a seasonal meal as much as I do?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't planned beyond tomorrow which is slow cooked rolled shoulder of lamb. *drool* would love some of your salmon though!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. End of school hols in Melb so back into routine and planning. Tonight we had roast lamb, potatoes with a salad of fennel, broadbeans, asparagus feta cheese lemon dressing in todays paper very nice. Out Sunday. Monday spag marinara. Getting warmer now so have to change my menu. Will do a homemade pie and veg, steak on bbq and veg and that's it for now back to shops Wednesday. Sunday will be making muffins and butter cake for lunchboxes. Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liss, I'm drooling too x

    Charmaine - I've got a bit of menu-envy happening x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x