Tuesday, October 19, 2010

what's cooking this week?

This week = busy. Therefore here's a meal plan to suit:

Tonight: Ballet and it's a wee bit on the frosty side. I'm thinking pork cutlets, mashed pumpkin, green beans with almonds and some sweet potato chips for my pumpkin-loathing lass.
Wednesday: Steak and salad
Thursday: French lessons, so I'll whip up a Provencal chicken, rice and salad.
Friday: I'm at my mum's night out {squeee!}, gal's at her nana's having a sleepover with her cousins so it's just my hubby home-alone. He'll enjoy a t-bone steak and steamed vegies.
Saturday: English cousins having a sleepover at our house so their mum can enjoy time with her mum. We should make home-made pizza - complete with home-made dough. Either that or I'm thinking those honey soy chicken wings and noodle salad from Jr MasterChef last night - yum!
Sunday: Leg of lamb and roasted vegies all in the slow-cooker.
Monday: Twilight netball night, therefore a chicken curry that I've prepared earlier for the slowcooker will go down a treat. All I'll have to do is cook some rice and wilt some greens and serve.

6 comments:

  1. You just made me need to go raid the fridge now! I missed Jr Masterchef last night, so will have to look up that recipe you mentioned.

    Enjoy your food week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pork cutlets was our dinner tonight too!! - dredged in a home made sourdough bread crumb mix with so much sage that it was green! And lemon rind and garlic too.....mmmmm yummy!
    I'm in awe of people that can plan ahead with their meals- I'm a strictly "on the night" type of cook.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just caught up on your week.

    Back online, I missed you.

    I need to plan! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet your lass would like the curried pumpkin soup I make . . . mine even does! BTW THANKS now I have to go watch Amelie tonight ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looked GOOD Sparkly Tiara - find it!

    Gourmet Girlfriend I ended up buying free range pork porterhouse steaks {!} from Coles - delish! Your cutlets sound amazing! I make a similar crumbing for mine - panko crumbs and gremolata.

    Missed you too Belinda x

    Thanks Kelly x

    Sara Rose - she doesn't do soup - but she'd probably give yours a try. Hope you enjoyed Amelie - damn I love her...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x