Friday, October 29, 2010

utter perfection

Well, Sarah Blasko was a revelation last night - what. a. voice. We saw her a few years ago in an inner-city pub and she was amazing, but in concert in a beautiful theatre? Well, the acoustics and atmosphere only served to enhance her angelic voice and mesmerising performance.

The only thing I kept getting distracted by were her musicians - they were amazing. Totally into their performance and with fingers that flew across their instruments. She had the most delightfully voluptuous violinist with a talent for the instrument and a pair of shoes I ached for. And the pianist! Well, he was fabulous, and I couldn't stop thinking of Rianna at Last Doll Standing {love, he's your HUSBAND - the beard, the hair, the boots - oh my!}.

A totally perfect night that made me fall in love with Sarah Blasko all over again {as if I weren't already seriously smitten}

9 comments:

  1. I love Sarah Blasko, seen her a few times now.

    Actually had her latest CD on yesterday and Abigail was doing "ballet" to it around the living room, so cute!

    Sounds like you had a great night then :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds like so much fun...I have never see her, but would very much like to!

    My new "thing" is to try and get out and see more live music, i used to love it and we just don't get around to doing it anymore...

    Gill xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarah's beautiful. glad you loved

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog by accident. Interesting. My blog youthfulagain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is wonderful, isn't she? Never seen her live. Clearly I need to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm utterly jealous! I'm a huge fan of Sarah Blasko but have yet to make it to a live performance.

    Your post has made me vow to change this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Sarah Blasko and so wish I had of bought tickets to go ... am so happy to hear that it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x