Tuesday, October 19, 2010

penny pinching for paris {and provence}



My saving needs to spill over in Christmas pressie buying this year. Luckily we do a Secret Santa with all the adults in from my husband's side of the family and we don't exchange gifts with my mum and step-dad. I want to save, but also support small businesses so I'll be shopping on etsy, rudy and the dodo {cute little aussie company www.rudyandthedodo.com.au} and I might even be inspired to make the odd pressie. I do love these pretty teacup candles featured on Martha - how adorable are they!

Thoughtful, thrifty shopping means getting in early and checking out what's on offer - so I'm determined to spend a little time each week checking out what's available. Normally I just do the last minute rush - but not this year. Nope, organisation's going to be my middle name!

5 comments:

  1. Great ideas all round there. I'm all for getting Christmas shopping out the way by the first of December. I hate the shops in December. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organisation is key. The candles will be a fantastic gift for teachers!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often find things that I think people will like throughout the year so Christmas shopping is often finished early in our house. It does backfire on me sometimes though. We also dont have many to buy for so it is a fun job. I can imagine when you have a million family to buy for it becomes harder.
    Love the tea cups! My sister in law has done a similar thing by buying an expresso coffee cup and putting a tea light type candle in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge organiser of gifts through the year and as we are off o/s ourselves next year - London/Marrakech/Paris budget will be my first, middle and last name. I so hope you share some of your fab finds. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the tea cup candles as Christmas presents last year and they went down a treat!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x