Thursday, October 28, 2010

something's gotta give...

Well, I don't know what's in the stars, the air or even the earth's core but whew, these past few weeks have been challenging. Here I was, juggling away, I had a few daggers, a couple of flaming torches, a chainsaw and even a couple of those squishy balls made from birdseed-filled-balloons when suddenly whole new dimensions were added to the mix and that's it, it all came tumbling down.

From the massive, teetering piles of washing that seem to keep growing no matter how often I wash, to the general grottiness of the house, to a job that caused me palpitations and angst into the early hours - and ended up a complete and utter shocker - to a forgotten birthday, hidden on the calendar amidst many other "DO NOT FORGET" items.

Sigh.

I've beaten myself up over it and am trying to gather myself and move forward. But I know I'm not alone. I've read other blogs and thought, "Oh my god, you're totally living my life..." The realistic side of me knows that these things have to occur every now and again just to force us to pay attention and move forward in a better and brighter manner. But gee, couldn't they be a little more gentle and subtle about it? You know, more of a tap on the shoulder rather than a slap in the forehead?

It's time for me to prioritise, organise, timetable and activate myself to ensure I don't let this happen again.

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes! I know exactly what you're talking about.
    Stop, swear, take a deep breath - even take a walk in the fresh air.

    Come back and start again. You'll have it all under control in no time. Some times when you're in the thick of it, things seems more out of control than they actually are (well that's often the case for me).

    Hugs! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hear you. My brain feels like mud at the moment. I'm trying to find my way out of the labyrinth. In the dark. With no torch. Know you're not alone! K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm reading your blog and thinking you are writing about my life! Just what I've been feeling all year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so relate to this post at the moment. Everything is crazy around here, and I haven't been able to sort my shit out lately. I am constantly forgetting "Do Not Forget items!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, things have been crazy here too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x