Saturday, October 02, 2010

totally recharged

This Saturday I'm grateful that we've just spent the most relaxing week in the country. Yep, that's the house we stayed in - again. I'd find it hard to ever stay in another holiday house as this one has so much to offer: views of the valley to die for, 100 acres for the girls to wander around, alpalcas {now officially my favourite animal after seeing them run - hilarious}, a massive big fireplace and huge couches to gather around at night, and the most delicious sunroom to while away the daylight hours.

I'm grateful for good friends who make a week go by so quickly and so pleasantly. I'm grateful for girls who spent the week with roses in their cheeks and a gleam in their eye. I'm grateful for all the beautiful champagne we consumed and fabulous meals we supped on.

I'm also grateful to come home to a lovely clean house thanks to my in-laws who stayed here and cat-sat/garden-sat and house-sat.

I'm pretty damned grateful I've got so much to be grateful for.

I'm playing along with Maxabella - wanna join in?

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous house Can I borrow your in-laws :-)). Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like such a wonderful holiday, what a beautiful house and gorgeous scenery! What a bonus to come home to a clean house too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh - that place looks amazing!

    Glad you had a great time. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! that sounds so special...

    I love that you became a fan of the alpacas...I used to sponsor a baby one at the Perth Zoo when I was a kid and I have held a soft spot ever since....

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charmaine, it really was, and I do so love my in-laws!

    IRL - oh, you are so right.

    Jodie, believe it or not, it was better in real life. Sigh...

    Gill, alpacas are THE BEST. And special it was x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x