Wednesday, August 25, 2010

what's cooking wednesday

Yes, I'm doing a What's Cooking post even though, strictly speaking, I'm not really up to cooking. After getting the go-ahead from my physio to walk and completely and utterly overdoing it I had a shocker of a day yesterday. A sewer pipe broke, right underneath my favourite rose {no wonder it was so huge and always blooming...} so I had to lose my rose, and had a great big open pit in my front yard. Smelly, and I couldn't use any water. Nice. Thankfully it's fixed now, but we had 24 hours of erk.

Yesterday afternoon I drove to collect my daughter from school as I couldn't find my phone book or mobile and I really hate asking anyone for help. So I hobbled down lots of stairs {12-ish I think} and hobbled across to my car and winced as I drove along. Of course it's my right knee I've injured and when I move my ankle pain shoots up my calf and into my knee. Sigh.

I got to the school gate and got out of the car and then was just overcome with nausea and started seeing stars. When I get ill or in pain I tend to get low blood pressure and tend to faint. So luckily I had two friends who helped calm me down and offered to drive my gal home for the rest of the week.

Being incapacitated really does suck.

So as my husband's ridiculously busy at work I'm trying to work out a way to have decent meals. Luckily I've got leftover meatballs in the freezer so I can sit at a stool and make spaghetti sauce for that tonight. I'm certainly learning to grab everything I need and set it all in place before I start a task!

Here's what we'll have:
Wednesday: spaghetti and meatballs {always make double batches and freeze half!}
Thursday: Steak and salad
Friday: Salmon and salad
Saturday: hamburgers and salad
Sunday: Roast dinner
Monday: chorizo pasta bake
Tuesday: pork and cider casserole

Thank goodness the weather's warming a little and salad seems like a viable option.

Now, whinging over - what's cooking at your place?

3 comments:

  1. Oh poor PPMJ! Let's hope today is a little brighter! Last night we had chorizo risotto and Monday chicken noodle soup Asian style. Tonight? No idea, but tomorrow perhaps a roast chook for the Mother in Law's b'day.

    Ooooh....wait for it....guess what the word verification for this comment is? CLOGED. Spooky given the sewer pipe no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lovely. Just as I finished my post in blogger an ad popped up for a plumber - how quickly do they read what you're saying?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chorizo Pasta Bake - will you be posting a recipe for that? Sounds Delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x