Tuesday, August 17, 2010

ouch

Well, typical, it had to happen sometime...

So, there I was last night, playing netball when my knee seemed to do this strange moving sideways thing, made a couple of pops and took me down. Today it's the size of a basketball and I can't walk on it - making the chances of torn ligaments seem pretty damned likely.

Hubby's off to get me some crutches and today will involve lying on a couch with bags of frozen peas under my knee and on top of it. {just edited this - jeez, I'd written lying on a coach with peas under and on top of it - the coach... I blame some kind of knee-injury-induced psychosis...}

Le sigh.

Who'd have thought my netball career would come to such a dramatic end? At least I've still got my coaching...

13 comments:

  1. Argh, poor you!!! I'd be hysterical if my knee went pop. The very thought of it makes me queasy. You're so brave! Make the most of the couch time (and the pea time?) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were a few pops too! Erk. Will def enjoy my rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, hope you are not in too much pain and that your knee heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouch!
    must be the week for injuries! A friend did his knee in playing rugby on Saturday and another smashed up her hand defending a goal in hockey on Sunday.
    wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh PPMJ! Make sure you rest up and hopefully somehow you will still be able to play right?! Goodness me..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no. There goes the Aussie jumper. Sport is dangerous. Best avoided.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OWWWWWWW

    I hope you feel better soon, I hate sports injuries!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really, really big ouch. I hope resting and relaxing helps.

    I agree with Life in Pink Fibro Sport is dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds not good! Hope it mends quick! Take the time to enjoy some Oprah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor you, hope it is feeling a little better - It may be that your knee cap dislocated - mine does that sometimes. Sending love and positive thoughts your way for a speedy recovery. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Benched before the end of the season. Suckworthy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ouch! I so hope it heals up really soon. Netball and knees! I can't beleive I got out of my netball days unscathed. I best not take it up again at this older stage of my life, me thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OUCH! Hope you feel better really soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x