Friday, August 27, 2010

flat out

So, I have a ball to attend in two weeks - and a bung knee. Bung knees and heels do not mix. Sad? Yep. Seeking options? Hell yeah. I found these red! sparkly! flats at pinupgirlclothing.com which, as you can imagine had beautiful heels I had to avert my eyes from they were so pretty.

I've also had to revise my clothing options. If I'm going flat I'm also going close to floor-length so my shoes won't be the focus of my outfit {um, yes, I realise that red! shiny! ballet flats won't exactly blend into the background - but you know what I mean...} Luckily I think I'm able to put together an outfit that once accessorised will look utterly ball-worthy. I have a fabulous black Laura Ashley skirt I bought years back that's long, full and has three layers that are bordered by a beautiful pale french grey silk. So pretty. I've also got a lovely Karen Millen Bolero - black, sparkly and bordered with, wait for it, pale french grey silk. Combined with a simple camisole, Coco Chanel-esque layers of beads, great make-up and something special with my hair and I'll be ready to go. All I need is the shoes.

Red? Sparkly? Yes?

7 comments:

  1. Oh those red shoes look lovely, sounds like a great combination you have planed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly - I must say, I have been somewhat inspired by all the fabulouso girls shoes I've seen on blogs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's not to love about red, sparkly shoes? Admittedly, flat ain't great for the red carpet, but red and sparkly will surely help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Maxabella I know. Red! Sparkly! and High! would be better, but as Meatloaf sang, two outta three ain't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes! Wear them ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, ALWAYS! I LOVE red shoes!
    I just wrote an article for We Heart Life, called Every girl needs red shoes, check it out at:
    http://weheartlife.com/2010/08/girl-red-shoes/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You KNOW how I feel about red shoes. Red sparkly shoes? STOP. IT. These scream Dorothy Gale and you HAVE to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red shoes are fabulous and sparkley shoes are awesome to put them both together.... Show 'em off!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x