Thursday, August 05, 2010

new library


Okay, I know you're dying for it - here's the first peek at my study - with my half-filled library. Oh, it's a tough decision working out what's worthy of inclusion on such a lovely piece of furniture. The salvos are going to LOVE my book donations {after an entire boot-load full on Saturday I'd say there's another boot-load to come: and that's a hatchback boot!}

I am love, love, love, loving my new study. My desk is just beautiful {pictures to come later - remember, I only have my phone for a camera} and I'm so pleased we went with the charcoal carpet {although I may well turn into crazy vacuuming lady...}. The lavender walls are just blissful: pretty, light and soothing yet invigorating - just what I was after.

More shots to come later - maybe I should ask for a camera for my birthday...

14 comments:

  1. I am so jealous right now! I want one of those book cases plus a study painted lavender :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bookshelf is so beautiful. I can't wait to see the rest.

    Drop the books off at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that looks fab! How I want one of those in my house!

    I can see why you're so pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I popped over for the great unveil. LOVE the bookcase (know what you mean about 'worthiness' - with a bookcase so beautiful, you can't fill it with romantic fiction now can you?) and the carpet looks great too. Will enjoy watching all the pieces come together. Very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's definitely the biz. Beaut.i.ful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you did NOT disappoint. It's a thousand shades of pretty. Congratulatons! (what? It's kind of like the birth of a new family member no?!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks girls - I've nearly filled it - probably only space for another 100 books {it's HUGE}. I kid you not but I've been dreaming of a bookcase like this since I first started to read. Ah, nothing like the realisation of dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always wanted one of those bookcase too, so I am very envious! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. squuueeaaallll! I LOVE bookcases with ladders. Can't wait to see the whole room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. More photos please, this teaser has me all excited - for you - it looks divine. I can't wait to the see the desk and more of those gorgeous walls. Lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Green with envy. One day, *sigh*, one day...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking good!

    I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone! It's nearly full! The bottom cupboards are filled with photo albums, school reports etc and I've only got that top left shelf left to fill. Might put some photo frames up there for the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Love the ladder sooo much! Lavender is so restful. You won't want to leave the study:) Can't wait to see more pics soon????

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x